Dear Parents & Guardians,
There will be two ways to drop off your student this year:
- Stop & Drop:
- Parents/guardians will drive in the entrance to our PAC parking lot and continue to the drop off loop. The right hand lane is for student drop off out of the passenger side of the car, only.
- Parents/guardians are not to exit their car.
- When the student has exited the vehicle, the driver then may merge safely into the left lane to exit the parking lot.
- Park & Walk:
- Parents/guardians wishing to walk their student to the rear PAC entrance, may park in the spots labeled below in purple.
- Please follow the directions of the staff member directing walkers across the parking lot.
This year we will be changing dismissal slightly for our students that are picked up from the PAC. Please know the safety of our students is always at the heart of every decision we make and especially when we are considering the multiple factors that dismissal has. This year we are going to try staggering the dismissal of our elementary students to help lessen the chaos at the end of the day. Below are how things will look:
- Grades Pre-K to 2nd will be dismissed at 2:30 from the PAC.
- Grades 3rd to 6th will be dismissed at 2:40.
- 3rd & 4th grade will still be dismissed from the PAC to their parents/guardians
- 5th & 6th grade will exit the PAC lobby through the street side doors on East Ave and either walk home or head to pre-arranged meeting spot or vehicle.
- If you have a child in multiple grades, please do not arrive for pick-up until 2:40
This year, parents/guardians will not be coming into the building to get students. Instead, all students will be dismissed from one door in the PAC and parents/guardians will line up on the sidewalk leading to the assigned door.
Prior to the start of school, PK-4 elementary families will be issued a number. When parents/guardians are picking up at the assigned door, families will need to show their number. Please contact the district for additional cards and know that there are multiple levels of this dismissal process for the safety and security of your child.
When you give your number, our person manning the door will input the number on a screen for our students to see and hear the number. Our goal this year is not only to lessen the stress and increase student safety.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.
email@example.com/607-295-7471 ext. 1140