Ski Club will take its first trip to Swain on Friday, Jan. 14. Please familiarize yourself and your student with the club procedures before our first trip.
Day of Ski Club Procedures:
- No skis or snowboards are allowed on the morning bus. If your Ski Club member rides the bus to school, please plan to deliver their large gear to the Attendance Office before 2:45 p.m. on Friday. Extra backpacks or bags are allowed on the busses.
- Your Ski Club member must have their lift ticket, meal ticket/money/food, and rental ticket with them at 2:45 p.m. to ride the bus to Swain.
- Every Ski Club member must have a way to tell time because there are no working clocks on the slopes.
- If your Ski Club member brings any gear to school on Friday morning, they can store it in the band room office. Mrs. Feenaughty will be in the PAC foyer to help students access this office. Students will be allowed to put their belongings in the band room office after entering the school from the PAC entrance OR when they get off the bus before going to their homeroom. Students can retrieve their gear from this room when we meet in the PAC foyer at dismissal.
- 4th through 6th grade students will remain with their classroom teachers until they are brought to the PAC foyer at dismissal. At dismissal, students in grades 7-12 students will come to the PAC foyer. Mrs. Reynolds will be there to take attendance at 2:45 p.m.
- We will remain in the PAC foyer together until the busses depart at 3:30 p.m. While we wait, your Ski Club member may change into their gear; however, they must remain masked. All Ski Club members will need to be prepared for some waiting before the busses arrive. During this time, they must stay relaxed and occupied until departure. Following this rule is imperative. Please discuss this with your Ski Club member because failure to comply may lead to suspension.
- Ski Club members taking lessons will be notified of their lesson times. It is their responsibility to follow the lesson schedule. Please talk to your member about attending their lesson ahead of time.
- Upon arrival at Swain, all Ski Club members will remain on the bus until they get their passes. Advisors and chaperones will be available to help with gear, rentals, and lessons.
- No gear is to be stored within the lodge. Ski Club members must leave their belongings on their bus, but they may access this at any time during the evening. All Ski Club members who are being picked up from Swain will store their gear in the storage compartment under a designated bus.
- Rentals should be returned at 7:15 p.m. Ski Club members should be ready to load the bus at 7:30 p.m. We will take attendance before departure at 8 p.m.
- If your Ski Club member is NOT riding the bus home, they must get their gear off the bus before 7:45 p.m.; otherwise, it will be brought to the bus garage for caregiver retrieval on Monday.
We are looking forward to a great season!
Mrs. Reynolds and Mrs. Feenaughty