Jesse Harper, Arkport Central School District Superintendent of Schools, will host three separate town hall meetings to gather input from families on how the district can simplify the Arkport experience and what the district should be looking for when hiring a new administrator.
District administrators have chosen “simplify” as the theme for the 2023-24 school year, as they intend to streamline the processes and procedures that most directly affect families. To make these changes meaningful, the district requests that Arkport families be an active part of the process. Without family input, the district cannot fully understand what changes could be made. These town hall events will allow families to participate in a question-and-answer session and provide their suggestions, recommendations, and feedback.
Please consider attending to offer your perspective, whether you’ve had difficulty locating information on the district website, would like more information about district procedures, or want to provide your opinion as we look to replace an administrator.
If you cannot join one of the town hall meetings, please share your opinions in the surveys linked below. Information gathered at the town hall meetings and through the surveys will be used to help shape decision-making in the district.
All three meetings will cover the same agenda, so it’s necessary to attend only one session:
- How can we make your experience as a parent or guardian easier at Arkport CSD?
- History of ACS administration
- Perspective of experience
- Local administrative structures
- As we look at hiring a new administrator, as a parent or guardian, what traits/characteristics are of value to you? Feel free to provide examples.
Schedule of town hall meetings
For convenience, the meetings will be held on three separate dates and in two formats:
- Thursday, September 28, 6:00 p.m., Chorus
- Tuesday, October 3, 7:00 p.m., Virtual (Arkport’s Facebook and YouTube page)
- Tuesday, October 10, 6:00 p.m., Chorus Room
All are welcome to attend and participate; please join us for one of these town hall events.