Arrival and Dismissal Procedures Changing
April 18, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As you know, the No. 1 priority for the Arkport Central School District is the safety of our students. We take our responsibility to provide a learning environment that safeguards a student’s physical, emotional, and social well-being very seriously. With that in mind, we regularly review the district’s safety procedures and make changes when warranted. I am writing to notify you about two changes Arkport will be initiating in the near future.
- Anonymous Alerts: Arkport will soon introduce a new system for students, faculty, staff, parents, guardians and community members to report potential safety concerns. The new system is called Anonymous Alerts and will be accessible through the district website, as well as a mobile device app. Through the app or web interface, members of the school community can anonymously submit alerts in real time about suspicious activity, safety threats, bullying, alcohol or drug use, depression, harassment, family issues, school shooter threats, campus safety concerns and self-harm issues to school administrators or counselors. The system enables students to establish anonymous, two-way communications with school officials about an incident. Stay tuned for more information about Anonymous Alerts.
- Morning arrivals, afternoon dismissals: The morning and afternoon routines will be changing for visitors entering the Arkport Central School District. As of April 30, the following changes will take effect:
- AM procedures
- The PAC will now become the drop-off point for students starting at 7:30 a.m.
- All students in grades K-12 waiting for school will need to enter the PAC from the East Avenue entrance.
- Students in the PAC may go to breakfast starting at 7:45 a.m.
- Students on buses will be allowed to go to breakfast at 7:45 a.m.
- No parents, guardians or visitors will be allowed past the PAC lobby.
- Any individual with school business will be required to enter through the front lobby and attendance office. The attendance office will open at 7:45 a.m.
- PM procedures
- No parents, guardians or visitors will be allowed past the PAC lobby. The PAC lobby will be cleared and locked by 3:10 p.m.
- Any individual with school business will be required to enter through the front lobby and attendance office. The attendance office will be open until 4 p.m.
I appreciate your continued cooperation in making Arkport a safe school for all students.
Superintendent of Schools