Social Emotional Well-Being
We recognize that the social emotional well-being of our students and staff during these challenging times is critically important. The district has made available resources and referrals to address mental health, behavioral, and emotional needs of students, faculty, and staff when school reopens for in-person instructions. The district done this by:
- Developing consistent messages about how students, staff and families will be cared for, and how the district demonstrates that it has prioritized social emotional well-being.
- SEL updates in newsletters
- Scheduled time for SEL curriculum in all classes PK-12 (at least 30 min per week.)
- If we go to full remote learning, we will utilize Zoom to continue delivering mental health services to students.
- Students: SEL surveys through Panorama will be administered PK-12 throughout the school year to determine social-emotional needs/skill development
- Staff: making EAP available to all staff
- Families: student services team is available for family consultation at any time, parents can use the “share it” button on the website to share information with administration
The district has established an advisory council that involves shared decision-making and is comprised of families, students, members of the board of education, school building and/or district/charter leaders, community-based service providers, teachers, certified school counselors, and other pupil personnel service providers. The advisory council will inform the comprehensive developmental school counseling program plan. This program plan has been reviewed and updated to meet current needs.
The district addresses professional development opportunities for faculty and staff on how to talk with and support students during and after the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, as well as provide support for developing coping and resilience skills for students, faculty, and staff. This is addressed by opening of school training and periodic district, grade level and class professional development.