Click here to see the district's reopening plan for the 2020-21 school year. The slideshow below shares a brief outline into the district's guiding principles and plans for reopening.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click here to visit our Reopening FAQ page. Answers will be updated frequently, so make sure you visit this page often.
Plan Overview Slideshow
- Arkport adds reopening presentations for parents; sign up and learn more here
- District will hold reopening meetings with school community Aug. 13-19
- Governor announces school can open for in-person learning
- Arkport's reopening plan is now available
- Reopening plans will be submitted to the state July 31
- All visitors must follow the district's reopening plan protocols
- Input sought via school ThoughtExchange survey; closes July 20
- NYSPHSAA delays the official start date of the fall sports season, cancels fall championships
- Governor outlines guidance for reopening schools
FROM THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
On Friday, Aug. 7, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that schools in New York State would reopen by region based on the following criteria:
- Open: Schools can open in a region in phase 4 where there is an infection rate at or below 5% (14-day average)
- Close: Schools will close if the regional infection rate rises above 9% (7-day average)
Pictured below is an infographic that outlines the governor's criteria.
He also required that districts highlight their plans for remote learning, COVID-19 testing and contact tracing, so that members of the school community can easily access them. Those sections of our reopening plan can be found at the following link: