School meals will continue to be available to all students, including those attending school in-person and those learning remotely.
For information about how meal information will be communicated, visit the Communication/Family and Community Engagement section of our reopening plan.
Meals on site
For students onsite, meals will be provided while maintaining appropriate social distancing between students. Students do not need to wear face coverings when seated and eating so long as they are appropriately socially distanced.
The district will ensure social distancing between individuals while eating in the school cafeteria. If not feasible, meals may be served in alternate areas (e.g., classrooms) or in staggered meal periods to ensure social distancing and proper cleaning and disinfection between students.
The sharing of food and beverages (e.g., buffet style meals, snacks) is prohibited, unless individuals are members of the same household. Adequate space will be reserved for students, faculty, and staff to observe social distancing while eating meals.
The following protocols will be used when serving meals:
- All existing measure to protect students from food allergies will continue
- Students will either wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the cafeteria
- Masks will be required until a student is seated
- Students will wear masks and be socially distanced while waiting for a meal
- Students will eat breakfast in their classrooms
- Students will be divided between the cafeteria and small gym during lunch
- All surfaces will be disinfected between groups eating meals
- Students will not be allowed to leave the school grounds for lunch.
- 7-12 students who will be home the next day will grab a breakfast and lunch prior to leaving school.