New Student Registration
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Shannon Buckley
Universal Pre-K Registration
Information and the application for UPK will be in the available during the month of February. A mailing including information and the application will be mailed out prior to the end of February for those that are on the census list or who have called requesting information. This will not be mailed to those who are on this list but have already turned in the required paperwork. All age eligible children residing in the school district are encouraged to apply for UPK. The maximum number of children that can be served in a given school year is 18. If the number of applications received exceeds this number, a random selection will occur.
Random Selection Process
- After the application deadline, all applicants will be assigned a random number determined by the number of applications. This is done so the identity of the students is unknown at the time of the drawing..
- In the event of twins, the parent will have a choice to have students assigned one number together (if the number gets drawn, both children will be accepted) or each child can be assigned a number individually (one may be selected and accepted and one may not).
- The Assistant to the Superintendent and two witnesses will partake in the draw.
- Numbers will be drawn and recorded in the order that they were selected.
- The first 18 students drawn will be offered placement into the UPK program. The remaining applicants will be put on a waiting list in the order in which they were drawn.
- Only students that are residents of the Arkport Central School District are elligible for the UPK lottery.
- If an out-of-district family is interested in sending their child to the Arkport UPK program, a list will be kept, in the event the program is not full.
- Letters will be mailed notifying parents of the result from the random draw the day after the drawing occurs.
Letters will inform parents of acceptance into the UPK program or the child’s number on the waiting list. If your child is accepted, a copy of proof of immunizations, residency questionnaire and emergency contact information must be returned no later then two weeks after the notice is mailed by the school. If you do not wish for your child to attend, you must notify the district in writing as soon as possible. Should a parent of a child selected to attend choose not to send their child, the open slot will be offered to the next child on the waiting list. If for any reason a spot becomes available, we will continue down the waiting list.
Arkport Central School will be conducting kindergarten screenings in May, for children who will be five years old by December 1, 2019 or will turn six during the 2019-2020 school year. Please call Mrs. Karr at 295-7471 by April 12th to register your child and to be placed on the mailing list for a registration packet.
Out-of-District Student Registration
- Tuition for out of district students in grades K-6 and 10-12 will be $1250 for the first student in the family, and $1400 for all students in a family.
- Appropriate class size will be determined on a yearly basis with emphasis on maintaining a class size which will allow two sections per grade level.
- Tuition for out of district students in grades 7-9 will be zero.
- Any student that enrolls during the 7-9 grades, and maintains continuous enrollment at Arkport, will not be charged tuition.
- Appropriate class size will be determined on a yearly basis with emphasis on keeping class sizes under 55 students per grade.
- Priority for placement of out of district students will be given to faculty and staff members children first.
- Priority for placement of out of district students will then be given to families bringing more then one student to the Arkport Central School District.
- Families that bring a K-6 student to the district while also bringing a 7-9 student, will receive a 50% reduction on out of district tuition.
- All out of district students and their families must sign the attached Non-Resident Student Agreement.
New Students to the District
- Registration packets can be found on our website under parents tab – registering new students
- Once the registration is received, records will be requested from the previous school
- Along with the registration packet, we require:
- Two separate proofs of residency for the home that you reside in, dated within the last 30 days (specifications are listed on the registration packet)
- Original birth certificate
- Updated health records
- Once all records are received all transcripts will be reviewed by the principal and classroom assignments will be made